Japan, Japan, Monday, March 21, 2022 09:14:59 / Comserve Inc. / – Gas Power Market with top country data, industry analysis, size, share, revenue, important players, developing technologies, trends and forecasts
The gas power market is expected to register a CAGR of over 2.5% during the forecast period. As decarbonization is a major concern for the global energy industry, in order to reduce the impact of climate change due to the growth of greenhouse gases around the world, several countries are taking initiatives to reduce emissions. With the reduction in the prices of wind and solar electricity generation, global renewable electricity production is increasing and excess electricity is used to produce hydrogen and methane using water. The major market drivers are the falling cost of wind and solar power generation and growing initiatives to reduce the carbon footprint across the globe. However, the lack of government interest in developing technologies related to the gas power market is expected to impede the growth of the market over the forecast period.
– Among the technology segments, power-to-hydrogen is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period. Hydrogen electricity is used to generate hydrogen by the electrolysis method, which is cheaper than producing methane from methane electricity plants.
– With the goal of having net zero emissions by 2050, it is expected that with the long-term goal, the continued burning of fossil-based natural gas will not be sustainable. According to the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), renewables can account for 60% or more of total final energy consumption in many countries. For example, the European Union should have the possibility of increasing the share of renewable energies from around 17% to more than 70% by 2050. This is another way of providing an alternative source of energy during of the next few years.
– Europe is expected to lead the market with the highest number of power-to-gas projects in 2019.
Get sample copy of this report with charts and graphs: https://www.sdki.jp/sample-request-87711
Main market trends
From electricity to hydrogen to grow at the fastest rate
– During the process, hydrogen is extracted from water, through the process of electrolysis, water breaks down into hydrogen and oxygen. The hydrogen produced is stored and used to generate electricity via a gas turbine, mixed with the gas grid in various percentages or further processed to generate methane using the methanization process.
– In 2019, there were nearly 56 hydrogen extraction projects; most of them were in Germany. The process generates hydrogen through three processes, namely alkaline electrolysis (AEL), polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM) electrolysis, and solid oxide electrolysis (SOEC). AEL is the more established technology, while PEM is newer than AEL, with better start and stop characteristics than AEL. The SOEC was recently developed and is in the laboratory stage.
– ITM Power is one of the main companies. It has the largest electrolyser of nearly 10 megawatts (MW) at the Shell Rhineland refinery in Germany. The hydrogen produced in the plant is used for the recovery of petroleum products. The estimated cost of the plant was around €20 million, funded by EU fuel cells and the joint venture Hydrogen.
– With the increasing production of wind and solar power and the expected price decline for the electrolysis process, especially the AEL process, the hydrogen power supply segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Europe will dominate the market
– Europe led the power-to-gas market with Germany as the major country in 2019. Nearly 64 power-to-gas plants are in Germany, with a maximum number of power-to-methane plants .
– The Audi e-gas project in Werlte in Lower Saxony, Germany, is one of the main methane supply projects, which has been in operation since 2013. The plant produces hydrogen up to 1,300 Nm3/ hour, which is then used to produce synthetic gas natural gas up to 325 Nm3/hour.
– Apart from Germany, Denmark, the United Kingdom, France and Spain are the main countries that have Power-to-Gas plants. In addition to existing power plants, there are nearly 30 Power-to-Gas power plant projects in Europe.
– The proposed plants are mostly expected to be completed by 2050, with the maximum number of plants to be installed in Germany. With Germany being a dominant player in the region, it is expected to continue dominating the market with a maximum of gas power projects. Additionally, the country plans to increase its share of renewable energy in power generation to 50% in 2030, and 80% in 2050 is expected to drive the power-to-gas market in the future.
Get the scoop with sample report – https://www.sdki.jp/sample-request-87711
The power-to-gas market is moderately consolidated. Major market owners are ENTSOG AISBL (European Network of Gas Transmission System Operators), Sempra Energy, GRT Gaz SA, MAN Energy Solutions, Sunfire GmbH, Ineratec GmbH, Electrochaea GmbH, Astrea Power Ltd, Hitachi Zosen Inova AG and Baden-Württemberg (ZSW) solar and hydrogen research, among others.
1.1 Scope of the study
1.2 Market definition
1.3 Assumptions of the study
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD Million, to 2025
4.3 Existing power-to-gas plants, by region and capacity
4.4 Trends and recent developments
4.5 Government policies and regulations
4.6 Market Dynamics
4.7 Supply Chain Analysis
4.8 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.8.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.8.2 Bargaining power of consumers
4.8.3 Threat of new entrants
4.8.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.8.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
Access the full report here: gas electricity market
The dynamic nature of the business environment in today’s global economy increases the need among business professionals to update themselves with current market situations. To meet these needs, Shibuya Data Count provides market research reports to various professionals in different verticals, such as healthcare and pharmaceuticals, IT and telecommunications, chemicals and advanced materials, goods consumption and food, energy and electricity, manufacturing and construction, industry. automation and equipment and agriculture and related activities, among others.
For more information please contact:
Shibuya Data Count
Email: [email protected]
Tel: + 81 3 45720790
The publication Power to Gas Market: Dynamics, Segments, Size and Demand Analysis Forecast 2022-2031 appeared first on Comserveonline.