The Market Access Manager will lead all activities, from assessing the market and product potential in a given geographic area, to mapping the various enablers and barriers to entry, and then formulating a plan
The position works in conjunction with sales, marketing, legal affairs, regulatory affairs, medical affairs, government. Internal Business and Finance and various external stakeholders, to successfully position Abbott ID’s value proposition and return long-term business value to Abbott APAC.
Technical / Operational
- Strategize, develop and be responsible for executing key market access activities in the region for current key products as well as all future Abbott Infectious Diseases products in APAC.
- Continually assess health policy dynamics in APAC and make adjustments to value propositions and reimbursement or pricing strategies as needed.
- Play an active role in mapping the regulatory environment and regulatory pathway for key product portfolios.
- Leads payer and patient research activities to understand stakeholder requirements, key healthcare policies for chosen products, and health technology/assessment barriers in APAC.
- Provides information on clinical evidence generation strategies and plans
- Contribute to the development of proposals and concept papers that clearly convey the use case for current and future Abbott rapid diagnostic products with accurate estimates of project budgets and associated timelines.
- Design and implement health outcomes and/or economic studies – from study design stage to final report, including disease burden studies, patient reported outcome studies , prospective or retrospective observational epidemiological studies or health resource utilization and database analyzes
- Builds strong relationships with external stakeholders, decision makers and consultants.
- Cultivate effective working relationships with key government officials, payers (public and private), influential healthcare providers, and other market influencers (i.e. advocacy groups, coalitions, etc)
- Participate in cross-functional activities to ensure business success in the region, such as preparing business cases, providing strategic regulatory input
- Innovative contracts to conclude reimbursement discussions Help design and structure agreements with payers that respect the specifics of the test and take into account the specifics of local market conditions
- Serve as a content resource and team leader for the development of clinical materials, market research reports, and implementation of outcome studies.
- Collaboration with the pharmaceutical industry, diagnostics and other healthcare entities for business expansion.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD or equivalent in public health/HEOR/market access.
- Global experience in market access roles of at least 12-15 years with regional and multi-country operational proficiency with experience in major APAC countries – China, India, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Pakistan and others.
- Good experience in strategic and operational market access in the field of health in infectious diseases and IVD.
- High level of experience in developing and executing launch plans in various market segments
- Experience in developing and leading market access strategies, strong value cases and ETS submissions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payer decision making, medical device coverage, coding and payment for private and public payers.
- Experience in statistical analysis of population and health outcomes.
- Experience in a diagnostic laboratory/industry.
- In-depth understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to work cohesively and cooperatively as part of a team with local countries, regional APAC teams and global product teams
- Organizational skills and good attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to solve problems.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work based on business needs and change direction as needed.